Dr. Ramirez is an Board-Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon who specializes in advanced arthroscopic surgery and sports injuries. His goal is to help athletes recover from injuries and return to competitive performance.
Dr. Ramirez completed his Orthopaedic Surgery Residency at Lenox Hill Hospital in New York City and at Harvard Medical School Children’s Hospital in Pediatric Orthopaedics. Additionally, he completed a Research Fellowship in Sports Medicine at the Hospital For Special Surgery with multiple publications and surgical experience under the supervision of the Surgeon in Chief, Russel F. Warren MD. In addition, Dr. Ramirez received Sports Medicine training at Doctors Hospital Sports Medicine fellowship program. Dr. Ramirez also served as a Team Doctor for the Westminster Football team, Ranson Everglades Football team and Palmetto Football team.
Dr. Ramirez is Board-Certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery and is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons.
He is a very active runner triathlete and has become involved in crossfit training which gives him a clear understanding of the stress of athletes recovering from injuries.
Dr. Ramirez has contributed to many publications in subjects such as "Glenoid revision after total shoulder replacement," "Injuries to the coracoacromial ligament and podium presentations on outcomes after SLAP II repairs", as well as several other publications within the Sports Medicine research field.
Dr. Ramirez is in private practice in South Miami, FLorida.
Watch Dr. Ramirez discuss injuries on ESPN
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery Diplomate
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Kendall Regional Medical Center
- Mercy Hospital
- Surgical Park
- Bayside Ambulatory Center
- Sports Medicine Research Fellowship: Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, NY
- Sports Medicine Fellowship: Doctors Hospital Program, Coral Gables, FL
Residency: Orthopaedic Surgery
- Lenox Hill Hospital, New York, NY
- Harvard Children's Hospital, Boston MA
- Cornell Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY
Internship: General Surgery
- Maimonides Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY
- Escuela de Medicina Luis Razetti – Universidad de Venezuela, Caracas, Distrito Federal