Dr. Michele D’Apuzzo, is a board certified and fellowship tranied orthopedic surgeon specialized in hip and knee replacement surgery. Dr. D’Apuzzo completed his medical school at Universidad Central de Venezuela where he graduated with honors. He then completed his orthopedic surgical training in some of the best centers in the United States. Dr. D’Apuzzo has also been the recipient of multiple regional and national awards including the prestigious “John Insall” Award from The Knee Society.
Education & Training
- Hospital for Special Surgery, Weill Cornell Medical College
- Fellowship, Adult Reconstruction and Joint Replacement
- Mayo Clinic (Rochester) / University of Virginia
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency
- Universidad Central de Venezuela
- Medical School
Board Certifications & Licensure
- American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- Florida State Medical License
- American Association of Hip & Knee Surgeons
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Association
- Florida Orthopaedic Society
- Orthopaedic Research Society
- American Medical Association
Follow the link for a complete list of Dr. D’Apuzzo’s presentations and publications.
- Clinical Excellence Award (2014). Hospital for Special Surgery.
- John Insall Award (2014). The Knee Society.
- Achievement Award (2013). American Academy of Orthopedic Surgery.
- Resident Leadership Award (2012). The American Orthopedic Association.
- Faculty Research Award (2009). Mayo Clinic.
- Best Poster Award (2008). Mid-America Orthopedic Association.
- 2nd Prize Fellow Research Competition (2006). Florida Orthopedic Society.
- Resident and Fellow Travel Award (2005). Eastern Orthopedic Association.
- 1st Prize Fellow Research Competition (2005). Florida Orthopedic Society.
- 1st Prize Resident & Fellow Research Competition (2004). Florida Orthopedic Society.
- Miguel Perez Carreno Award (2001). Venezuelan Surgery Society.
- Fernando Ruben Coronil Award (1999). Venezuelan Surgery Society.